Business Development Corporation of Vernon
Regular Meeting –July 16, 2008 - 1:30pm
City Commission Chambers
1725 Wilbarger St.
Vernon, Texas 76384
1. Call To Order.
2. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of May 21, 2008.
3. Approval of Financial Report for May 2008 and June 2008.
4. Old Business
a. Open Session: World Wide Notary (WWN) update – Jason Streit.
b. Open Session: Multi-Purpose Covered Event Center update – Judge Greg Tyra.
c. Open Session: BDC office relocation lease proposal presentations given by Carolyn Grimes and Doyle Close.
5. New Business
- Open Session: Discuss and consider action regarding an inter-local agreement between the BDC and Wilbarger County regarding the cost and terms of the construction of the Multi-Purpose Covered Event Center.
- Open Session: Discuss and consider action regarding submitting an application to the City of Vernon Planning and Zoning Committee for their consideration and recommendation to the City of Vernon Commission to rezone 12.57 acres of property owned by the BDC located on Center Drive and adjacent to the Wilbarger County Jail.
- Executive Session: Government Code Subchapter D., Section 551.074 Personnel Matters- Staff salary.
- Open Session: Discuss and consider action regarding Executive Session: Government Code Subchapter D., Section 551.074 Personnel Matters-Staff salary.
e. Open Session: Discuss and consider action regarding a proposed budget for the 10/1/08-9/30/09 Fiscal Year
6. President/CEO Report.
7. Public Comment.
8. Open Session: BDC Board tour of proposed office relocation sites at 1625 Main Street and 1819 Wilbarger Street.
9. Open Session: Discuss and consider action regarding BDC office relocation site.